Department of Commerce Security Specialists (series 0080) continuously seek training and development opportunities for individual and organizational growth. The 0080 Security Administration / Specialist Training Framework (Feb 2017) is a training and development guide for Department security professionals. The framework defines a competency matrix that focuses on early-career, mid-career and senior-career development in the areas of technical, general and leadership competencies.
Developmental opportunities identified in the framework include training obtained through platforms and vendors such as:
- Commerce Learning Center (CLC)
- Defense Security Service (DSS) Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE)
- DHS Interagency Security Committee (ISC)
- Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI)
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI)
- OPM Center for Leadership Development
- Graduate School USA
Other security training opportunities are:
It is encouraged that Commerce security professionals seek recognized industry certifications as career and expert milestones, such as the Associate Protection Professional (APP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and Physical Security Professional (PSP) through ASIS, or specialized certifications through the CDSE Security Professional Education Development (SPēD) Certification Program to name a few.
- SF-182 Authorization, Agreement and Certification of Training
- Security Specialist Competencies: An Interagency Security Committee Guideline
|0080 Security Administration / Specialist Training Framework||2.08 MB|