U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


  1. Home
  2. Osy
  3. Hchb Security

Was this page helpful?

Card Readers and Access

Requests for access to areas secured by card readers must be submitted by supervisors and/or contracting officer representatives (CORs) via e-mail or signed memorandum to the Security Service Center (SSC). The request must specify the areas to which access is required. Lost ID cards with card reader accesses are to be reported by the supervisor or COR to the SSC immediately. The report must explain the circumstances related to the card loss and card recovery efforts. Replacement ID cards with accesses will not be issued without this report. All access allowed by the lost card will be deleted. A new ID card with specified areas of access must be requested via e-mail or signed memorandum by the supervisor or COR.

Contact the SCC

202-482-8355 | Security@doc.gov | SSC appointments