U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


  1. Home
  2. Osy
  3. Hchb Security

Was this page helpful?

PIV Card Services

To Request a Card at HCHB:

HR sponsors may request permanent ID cards for employees through the HSPD-12 PIV process by sending an email with sponsored employee names to security@doc.gov or at Security Service Center Appointments. HR Sponsors may escort employees to the Security Service Center to enroll for PIV badges and should bring two forms of ID. 

Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) may request a PIV or Facility Access Card (FAC) ID card for contractors through the PIV process by submitting a request to piv-contractor@doc.gov. The Security Service Center will contact the COR/contractor to complete the enrollment process.  The COR may escort contractors to the Security Service Center to enroll for badges and should bring two forms of ID. 

For more information on Contractor In/Out Processing Procedures including the PIV Contractor Sponsorship Form and PIV Contractor Out-processing Form, please click here.

All Federal ID cards (PIV, PIV-I, FAC) must be returned by the holder when HCHB access is no longer required.  The separation process for employees and contractors leaving the HCHB is not complete until the issued identification card has been accounted for. 

For Lost or Stolen Cards:

For lost or stolen cards, please contact the Security Service Center (SSC) at  security@doc.gov.

For information on the DOC HSPD-12 Credentialing program in general including PIV-I and Foreign National Guests (FNGs) please visit the HSPD-12 Credentialing page.