The OSY Western Regional Security Office (WRSO) at NOAA provides security services to the NOAA facilities in Seattle, WA, and other NOAA facilities and operations west of the Mississippi River and the Pacific isles. This includes:
- Physical Security - processing requests for access to facilities; conducting Facility Security Assessments (FSA);
- HSPD-12 Credentialing - reviews fingerprint results and takes action as necessary; ensures that the appropriate investigation has been completed, and appropriate documentation has been completed and signed by the authorizing official for CAC and NOAA Badges issuance.
- Personnel Security - processing pre-appointment requests for Federal and Contract personnel; adjudicating suitability investigations;
- Foreign National Visitor/Guest - ensures processing is in accordance with Department Administrative Order (DAO) 207-12; provides support and training to Departmental Sponsors to ensure awareness or regulations and procedures.
- Industrial Security - coordinates with Contracting Officers and NOAA Programs during acquisitions which require classification and Facility Clearance in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Operating Manual.
- Information Security - conduct initial briefings and annual training for access to National Security Information (NSI) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI); support to operating units requiring NSI and/or SCI program administration; coordinated NOAA Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) needs with the Department's Special Security Officer (SSO).
For more information on NOAA Security at the WRSO, visit their website.
Cheryl L. Wieser, WRSO Security Manager
CONTACT - NOAA WRSO
Security Office Hours
Monday – Friday
7:30 am – 4:30 pm
24 Hour Emergency Contact Number: 202-526-4100
STE Secure Voice/Fax: 206-525-3967
U.S. Department of Commerce
Office of Security
Western Regional Security Office
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA, 98115-6349
Lost Stolen Common Access Card (CAC) (Commerce personnel only)