The Personnel Security (PerSec) Program upholds the standards, criteria, and guidelines upon which personnel suitability determinations for risk-designated and sensitive positions and effects both the onboarding process and continued service with, or to the U.S. Department of Commerce, its Bureaus and offices.
Information regarding PerSec processes and requirements can be found using the links below:
Questions regarding PerSec’s areas of responsibility may be sent to: OSY_PerSec@doc.gov. Please do not include Personally Identifiable Information (PII) about yourself or others in messages sent to this mailbox.
- Executive Order 12968 - Access to Classified Information
- Security Executive Agent Directives (SEAD) 1 through 7
- 5CFR Part 731 - Suitability
- 5CFR Part 732 - National Security Positions
- 5CFR Part 736 - Personnel Investigations
- 5CFR Part 1400 - Designation of National Security Positions
- 5CFR §330.1300 - Timing of Background Investigations