APPENDIX D. Awards Template
Use of this format is recommended to ensure consistency or guidance and that all program elements are addressed and explained.
- Describe the objective/intention of the award.
- The frequency of the award.
- What type of contributions do you want to recognize?
- Describe who is eligible to be nominated for this award (e.g., managers, supervisors, employees of other federal agencies, private citizens, etc.).
Types of Accomplishments
- Specify the type of accomplishment appropriate for this award.
- Define accomplishments as either specific or broad descriptors.
- Specify categories of awards (i.e., supervisors/managers or nonsupervisory/technical), and list separate and distinct accomplishments for each category.
- Who will make the initial request for nominations? (i.e., Director for Civil Rights)
- What level of approval authority is required for this award? (i.e., managers, Secretarial Officers, Heads of Operating Units, etc.)
- Specify the due date for the nominations.
- Specify the maximum length of the written justification.
- Specify that the nomination needs to be submitted on form CD-326, Recommendation for Recognition.
- Describe the qualitative and/or quantitative factors that will be considered in evaluating the accomplishment.
- Describe who will review and approve the nominations.
- Specify whether there is an ad hoc or standing board or committee that will review the nominations.
- Determine who should receive the board or committee recommendations for final approval.
Type of Recognition
- Describe what the recipient will receive as an award.
- Specify the award amount.
- Specify the type of certificate or plaque.
- Define what differing categories of recognition will be received.
- Who will present the award?
- When the award will be presented? (i.e., in the fall of each year)
- At what type of venue will the award be presented? (i.e., ceremony)