For SES employees and senior professionals (ST/SL), there are many HR-related policies that differ in significant respects from those that govern the general workforce.
These differences offer more flexibility and mobility, while linking your pay more directly with job performance.
The resources provided here offer an overview of HR policies and programs specifically as they relate to SES employees and senior professionals. For additional information, see our SES policies page for HR Practitioners or go to the Office of Personnel Management's SES page.
- Policies for SES employees
- FAQs about the Senior Executive Service (OPM)
- SES recruitment and selection process (OPM)
- Executive Performance Management System (EPMS)
- Pay and performance profile data
- Presidential Rank Awards (OPM)
- SES Performance Management System Policy
- ST/SL Performance Management System
- CD-518, Senior Executive Professional Performance Agreement
Pay and leave
- Annual Leave Accumulation
- Credit Hours, Overtime, & Alternative Work Schedules (AWS)
- SES Pay and the EX-III Pay Rate
Training and development
- Commerce's SES Candidate Development Program
- Federal Candidate Development Program (OPM)
- Center for Leadership Development (OPM)
- Commerce Learning Center
- 2016 Presidential Transition Guide
- Appointments and Awards During the 2016 Election Period
- Plum Book