The Department of Commerce (DOC) Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Council was established in accordance with Executive Order (EO) 13583, “Establishing a coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce.” The D&I Council is led by the Chief and Deputy Chief Diversity Officers and consists of bureau representatives, labor management forum representatives, functional area representatives, and affinity group/special emphasis representatives. The Council’s primary role is to cultivate a more comprehensive, integrated, and strategic framework for diversity and inclusion across the Department.
Meet the Council
- DOC FY17 – FY21 D&I Strategic Plan
- DOC FY20 Federal Equal Opportunity Recruitment Program Plan
- DOC Office of Civil Rights
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management D&I Program
- Employee Engagement Toolkit