The Office of Human Resources Management sponsors the Administrative Professionals Online Certificate Program for administrative and technical support staff at the GS 5-12 levels.
APOCP is a self-directed, online program for technical and administrative employees at the GS-5 through GS-12 levels. There are two certificate levels:
- GS 5-7: Geared to administrative professionals who are beginning their career development. It focuses on core skills in administration, professionalism, and basic technical skills. To secure a certificate, the program requires the completion of 12 online courses; 8 online courses are required, with another 4 chosen from 13 optional courses.
- GS 8-12: This learning plan provides advanced administrative professional courses that extend the basics to include progressive topics and intermediate technical skills. For a certificate, the program requires the completion of 15 online courses; 11 online courses are required, with 4 chosen from 9 optional online courses.
Before you enroll, please inform your supervisor of your intention to participate. Once you enroll via the Commerce Learning Center (CLC), you can access the online courses immediately. After you complete all of the online courses at your own pace, an APOCP certificate of completion will be ready for you in the Transcript section of the CLC.
To enroll, please take the following steps:
- Step 1: Sign into the main Commerce Learning Center by going to https://doc.learn.com.
(Your username is your e-mail address. If you forget your password, select the “Forgot password” link on the Login page.)
- Step 2:In the “Commerce Announcements” box in the upper right, click on the title “DOC Administrative Professionals Online Certificate Program (APOCP).”
- Step 3: Click on the appropriate box for your grade level, either GS 5-7 or GS 8-12.
- Step 4:To enroll in a learning plan, select the BIG GREEN “+” plus sign shown under the “Actions” column.
- Step 5:Once enrolled, you can view the available courses by selecting the small black “+” plus sign on the left of the plan listing
- Step 6:Select the course title to launch the course.
- Step 7: To continue the course after exiting, return to the CLC, and from the menu bar, click “My Training” and then “My Learning Plans.”
If you have any questions, please contact your bureau support staff.
For more information, please contact Julia Law at 202-482-0895 or via email at email@example.com