The Department of Commerce is coordinating closely with the White House Coronavirus Task Force to protect the health and safety of the American public and Department of Commerce employees. This page contains links to resources and guidance for Department employees concerning the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The Department is proud of the resilience and dedication of its employees, who continue to support American businesses and the public at this critical time.
Leadership teams at the Department and Bureaus will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and will provide additional guidance as circumstances evolve. All employees are reminded to follow guidance from their State and local health officials and to monitor their email and this website for updates. Individual employee questions should be directed to supervisors.
Centralized Coronavirus updates remain available at:
Department Broadcast Email Messages to All Employees:
- HCHB Cleaning This Weekend (4-5-20)
- Herbert C. Hoover Building - Closed (3-31-20)
- All Hands: A Message from Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross (3-27-20)
- All Hands: Coronavirus Update and Mandatory Telework (3-21-20)
- All Hands: A Message from Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross (3-20-20)
- All Hands: New COVID—19 Webpage for Employees (3-20-20)
- Herbert C. Hoover Building (HCHB) Mandatory Telework until 3/23/2020 (3-18-20)
- All Hands: Stop the Spread of Coronavirus (3-17-20)
- All Hands: Coronavirus Update (3-16-20)
- All Hands: Coronavirus Update (3-13-20 with revised links)
- All Hands: Coronavirus Update (3-5-20)
- Employee Update and Guidance for Those Returning from China (2-13-20)
Additional Telework Resources
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has released agency-wide guidance on topics such as:
- Continuity of operations (COOP) plans
- Visitor access to federal offices
- Domestic and international travel
- Large gatherings and meetings
Guidance for Contractors
The Department’s procurement executive team has released a guidance letter for the Department’s community of contractors.
OMB Memorandum M-20-18 contains guidance and FAQs to help address issues related to Federal contracting and performance.
Statements from Secretary Ross:
- Statement from Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross on the 2020 Census and COVID-19 (March 14, 2020)
- Statement from Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross on President Donald J. Trump's Declaration of a National Emergency (March 13, 2020)
- Statement from Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross on President Donald J. Trump's Address to the Nation Regarding COVID-19 (March 12, 2020)