The OSY Eastern Regional Security Office (ERSO) at NOAA provides security services to the NOAA HQs facilities in Silver Spring, MD, and other NOAA facilities and operations east of the Mississippi River. This includes:
- Physical Security - processing requests for access to facilities; conducting Facility Security Assessments (FSA);
- HSPD-12 Credentialing - reviews fingerprint results and takes action as necessary; ensures that the appropriate investigation has been completed, and appropriate documentation has been completed and signed by the authorizing official for CAC and NOAA Badges issuance.
- Personnel Security - processing pre-appointment requests for Federal and Contract personnel; adjudicating suitability investigations;
- Foreign National Visitor/Guest - ensures processing is in accordance with Department Administrative Order (DAO) 207-12; provides support and training to Departmental Sponsors to ensure awareness or regulations and procedures.
- Industrial Security - coordinates with Contracting Officers and NOAA Programs during acquisitions which require classification and Facility Clearance in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Operating Manual.
- Information Security - conduct initial briefings and annual training for access to National Security Information (NSI) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI); support to operating units requiring NSI and/or SCI program administration; coordinated NOAA Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) needs with the Department's Special Security Officer (SSO).
For more information on NOAA Security at ERSO, visit the Office of Security NOAA website.
Danika M. Hughes, ERSO Security Manager
CONTACT - ERSO
Security Service Center
SSMC 3 / 5th Floor / 5863
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Tel: 301-713-2036 | Fax: 301-713-0953
US Dept of Commerce
Office of Security at NOAA
1315 East West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Lost/Stolen Common Access Card (CAC) Form (Commerce personnel only)