Department of Commerce Industry Liaison
The role of the Industry Liaison is to serve as an entry point to DOCs stakeholders and contractors -- helping to connect, engage, and equip businesses that want to work with DOC.
Background on Industry Liaison Role:
On April 30, 2019, the Office of Management and Budgets (OMB), Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP), released its 4th Myth-Busting Memo, Strengthening Engagement with Industry Partners through Innovative Business Practices [PDF, 2MB], on how agencies should engage with industry. In the memo, OFPP asked each Federal agency to appoint an Industry Liaison.
The Myth-Busting Memo outlines the following responsibilities for the Industry Liaison:
- promote timely responses to general vendor requests where appropriate, including from new entrants and small businesses;
- assist program and acquisition personnel develop strategies for engaging potential vendors that can provide capabilities necessary to achieve agency missions;
- review and update, as appropriate, the vendor communication plan that the Agency developed in 2011 to improve interaction throughout the acquisition lifecycle;
- work with the Agency's Acquisition Innovation Advocate (AIA) and the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) to drive practices that improve communication with vendors;
- encourage vendor feedback on agency acquisitions, such as through the use of Acquisition 360 and, to the extent possible, monitor marketplace interest in agency requirements; and
- share stories on the Innovation Hub (via the government-wide Acquisition Gateway) to promote adoption of good communication practices.
Department of Commerce Industry Liaison Point-of-Contacts
|BUREAU POC||BUREAU POC|
Connecting with the Bureaus "How to do Business With" Links:
Connect directly with Commerce Bureaus to find out information on business opportunities and events. Check out the Engagement and Resource Links below to reach the individual bureaus as well as the Department's procurement forecasts.
To ensure your capability is a match to the bureau you'd like to contact, please read their mission statements. A little research now will enhance your engagement experience in the future.
ENGAGEMENT & RESOURCES
|RESOURCE||LINK ADDRESS||RESOURCE||LINK ADDRESS|
|NOAA||https://www.noaa.gov/organization/acquisition-grants/acquisition||VENDOR COMMUNICATION PLAN||VCP|
Send questions and comments about this page to ISDWebmaster@doc.gov