Today, Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. announced the appointment of Judy Marks, CEO of Siemens USA to the U.S. Investment Advisory Council. Marks will work with the 15 other members of the council to develop and implement strategies and programs that attract and retain investment in the United States.
“Judy has an extraordinary history of leadership that goes back decades and it is my honor to appoint her to the Council while in the midst of Women’s History Month,” said Secretary Ross. “I am an admirer of Judy and her company’s apprenticeship programs and their significant investment in U.S. workers. Judy’s knowledge and experience will no doubt be invaluable as we set out to encourage further growth and investment in the United States.”
Marks and Siemens’ record of U.S. investment is extensive – with more than 50,000 U.S. employees, the company has invested more than $35 billion in the U.S. over past 15 years. With over 60 U.S. manufacturing sites, Siemens has established an apprenticeship program to train workers for highly skilled, good-paying manufacturing jobs that many companies are struggling to fill.
“I am honored to serve on the U.S. Investment Advisory Council and look forward to working with Commerce Secretary Ross and the entire IAC to further strengthen our nation’s economy and competitiveness,” said Judy Marks, Siemens USA CEO. “Siemens has been in the U.S. for more than 160 years, and our global leadership in engineering and technology innovation has not only helped to meet America’s toughest challenges, but has contributed to workforce development, R&D, and manufacturing in the U.S.”
Marks joins a list of leaders from a diverse range of companies and organizations.
- Jane Garvey, Chairman, Meridiam North America and Board Director, LaGuardia Gateway Partners (Chair)
- Catherine Smith, Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (Vice Chair)
- Mark Beariault, General Counsel, Head of Legal Affairs, Kudelski Group
- Chris Camacho, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Nikia Clarke, Executive Director, World Trade Center San Diego
- Jeffrey A. Finkle, President, International Economic Development Council
- Mani Iyer, President and CEO, Mahindra North America
- Peter Lowy, Co-CEO, Westfield
- Elie W. Maalouf, Chief Executive Officer, The Americas, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Kenny McDonald, President and Chief Economic Officer, Columbus 2020
- Ying McGuire, Vice President of Operations and Business Development, Technology Integration Group
- Nancy McLernon, President and CEO, Organization for International Investment
- Jan Rodgers, CEO, Regional Economic Development for Eastern Idaho
- Irene Spanos, Director of Economic Development & Community Affairs, Oakland Count, Michigan
- Jeffrey Wilson, President and CEO, Gestamp North America and Gestamp Asia Pacific Corporation
- Charlton Whipple, Chairman, Southern Economic Development Council