Posted at 12:25 PM
U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker today honored 65 U.S. companies and organizations that export goods or services during the 2014 President’s “E” Awards ceremony. This year marks the 52nd anniversary of the “E” Awards presentation, which is the highest recognition any U.S. entity can receive for significant contributions to increasing American exports. Today’s honorees, which include 55 small or medium-sized enterprises and 38 manufacturers, comprise the largest group to receive this distinguished award in three decades.
“Congratulations to the “E” award recipients – these are fantastic American businesses and organizations that have played a crucial role in strengthening and growing our economy through increased U.S. exports,” said Secretary Pritzker. “By selling Made-in-America goods and services internationally, U.S. business can grow faster, hire more employees, pay higher wages, and help spread American ideas, innovation and values. Last year, exports supported 11.3 million jobs, with U.S. goods and services exports reaching a record $2.3 trillion. Through our new NEI/NEXT initiative, we will help even more businesses of all sizes sell their goods and services to the 95 percent of customers that live outside the United States.”
The “E” Awards align with the next phase of President Obama’s National Export Initiative (NEI) – NEI/NEXT, which Secretary Pritzker announced earlier this month. NEI/NEXT aims to build on Administration-wide export achievements under NEI and help more American businesses reach more overseas markets to support and create millions of jobs.
Winners of the 2014 “E” Awards represent diverse communities in 32 states nationwide, including Hayward, Calif.; Fargo, N.D.; Ennis, Texas; Roanoke, Va.; Lakewood, Ohio; and Marlborough, Mass., among others. The “E” Award ceremony is one of the highlights of World Trade Month, a month-long celebration of the benefits that U.S. exports bring to national, state, and local economies through job creation and growth.
This year, 47 companies were honored with the “E” Award for Exports for demonstrating a sustained increase in export sales throughout several years. Ten companies that assist and facilitate export activities were honored with the “E” Award for Export Service. Four firms received the “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognizes previous “E” Award winners who have reported four years of additional export growth. Four companies were awarded the “E” Star Award for Export Service, which also recognizes previous “E” Award winners but awards those companies that have shown four years of continued support of exporters since first winning the “E” Award.
The President’s “E” Award was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1961 to recognize persons, firms, and organizations that contribute to expanding U.S. exports. American companies are nominated for “E” Awards through the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service office network, located within the U.S. Commerce Department’s International Trade Administration. Record years of successive export growth and an applicant’s demonstration of an innovative international marketing plan that led to the increase in exports is a significant factor in selecting winners.
For more information about the “E” Awards and the benefits of exporting, visit www.export.gov.
2014 “E” Award Recipients
“E” Award for Exports
- Global Organics – Goodyear, Ariz.
- Knesek Guns, Inc. – Van Buren, Ark.
- Arch Foods – Hayward, Calif.
- Robinson Pharma, Inc. – Santa Ana, Calif.
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP – San Francisco, Calif.
- Icelantic Skis – Denver, Colo.
- Shotcrete Technologies, Inc. – Idaho Springs, Colo.
- Cooper-Atkins Corporation – Middlefield, Conn.
- GS-Tek – Newark, Del.
- ILC Dover LP – Frederica, Del.
- Concept II Cosmetics – Miami, Fla.
- Genicon – Winter Park, Fla.
- IMS Dredges, New Richmond, Wisc.
- Pioneer Equipment Company – Jacksonville, Fla.
- Vogue International – Clearwater, Fla.
- Nordson-Swainsboro Manufacturing Plant – Swainsboro, Ga.
- SASCO Chemical Group, Inc. – Albany, Ga.
- Kuder, Inc. – Adel, Iowa
- FoodSource Inc. – Willowbrook, Ill.
- Simmons Engineering Corporation – Wheeling, Ill.
- Amatrol, Inc. – Jeffersonville, Ind.
- Pioneer Balloon Company – Wichita, Kan.
- ISCO Industries, Inc. – Louisville, Ky.
- SPF Depot – Bossier City, La.
- Diamond Machining Technology – Marlborough, Mass.
- Dhake Industries – Plymouth, Mich.
- Rugged Linear Inc. – Owosso, Mich.
- Horton Inc. – Roseville, Minn.
- Magellan Aviation Group – Charlotte, N.C.
- Hoffman International, Inc. – Piscataway, N.J.
- NOSHOK, Inc. – Berea, Ohio
- Sentry Protection Products, LLC – Lakewood, Ohio
- Allied Wire & Cable, Inc. – Collegeville, Pa.
- Ancillare, LP – Horsham, Pa.
- Werner Co. – Greenville, Pa.
- Pharma-Bio Serv PR, Inc. – Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Alex and Ani – Cranston, R.I.
- Orgill, Inc. – Memphis, Tenn.
- Bioo Scientific Corporation – Austin, Texas
- Mascoat – Houston, Texas
- Sage Oil Vac Inc. – Amarillo, Texas
- Shintech, Inc. – Houston, Texas
- Optical Cable Corporation – Roanoke, Va.
- Gamber-Johnson LLC – Stevens Point, Wis.
- Hydro-Thermal Corporation – Waukesha, Wis.
- Philips-Medsize – Hudson, Wis.
- Wheeling Truck Center – Wheeling, W.Va.
“E” Award for Export Services
- Meridian Finance Group – Santa Monica, Calif.
- Western Export Services – Denver, Colo.
- Reed Exhibitions International Sales Group – Norwalk, Conn.
- Global Atlanta – Atlanta, Ga.
- Global Commerce Council of the Metro Atlanta Chamber – Atlanta, Ga.
- International Freight Forwarders & Customs Brokers Association – Metairie, La.
- Louisiana Tax Free Shopping – New Orleans, La.
- S.E.A. Corp. – Lincolnton, N.C.
- CH Trade LLC – Fargo, N.D.
- Point of Everett – Everett, Wash.
“E” Star Award for Exports
- It Straps On, Inc. – Covington, La.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. – Lakeville, Mass.
- Vitamix Corporation – Cleveland, Ohio
- Polyguard Products – Ennis, Texas
“E” Star Award for Export Service
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce – Mobile, Ala.
- National Foreign Trade Council – Washington, D.C.
- Georgia Department of Economic Development – Atlanta, Ga.
- Maryland Port Administration – Baltimore, Md.