This checklist highlights the most common legal issues that arise when planning a conference:
- Do we have legal authority to
host a conference ?
- How do we pay  for a conference?
- Can we partner  with
another entity to host a conference?
- Can we charge fees ?
- Can we receive funds from sponsors  to cover
the costs of the conference?
- Can we provide food or refreshments ?
- Can we pay travel  costs for speakers or attendees?
- Can we pay honoraria ?
- What are the rules for the use of seals, logos or emblems ?
- Can we purchase trinkets or other giveaways ?
- Is information generated by a conference
releasable  to
- What are the issues with seeking consensus advice  from
- What are the rules for conducting surveys or gathering information  from conference attendees?