For Reference or Research Assistance
(202) 482-1154 or lawlibrary[at]doc[dot]gov 
Hours of Operation for Commerce Employees
Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00, with special accomodations available for employees who need to stay later.
Hours of Operation for the General Public
By appointment only.
- CFR Print Distribution 
- Company Vetting Guide 
- Digital Legislative Histories 
- Financial Times 
- HeinOnline 
- Library Newsletter Archive 
- Speeches of the Secretary of Commerce 
- Wall Street Journal 
Visit the library website  for more resources available to HCHB employees.
The mission of the Commerce Departmental Library is to promote resources and services that support the work of Commerce employees in the subject areas of business, economics, and trade, as well as legal and legislative information. Comprised of both print and electronic resources, the collection includes historic legislative histories, Congressional hearings, reports, prints and documents, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, treaties, scholarly journals, and much more. The Legal Collection works to specifically support the work of the Office of the General Counsel in the areas of interest to the Commerce Department, including international trade, environmental issues, and intellectual property.
The Library is located in the northwest corner of HCHB on the first floor. It is accessible via the 6th corridor elevators or the elevators on the corner of the 7th and 8th corridors.
- Reference and research assistance for all Commerce employees.
- Training for individuals or offices on specific resources or subject areas.
- Interlibrary loan services or assistance purchasing relevant materials if they are not already located within the collection.
- Wireless Internet access.
- Computer terminals available for Commerce employees.
- Study carrels and tables for individuals or small groups to work at.
- Lounge areas for reading or browsing current periodicals.