Stephen S. Tang became a member of the Board in April 2011. He is currently the President and CEO of The University City Science Center, an urban research park and business incubator based in Philadelphia, a position he has held since January 2008. Previously, Dr. Tang was with Olympus America Inc. from 2005 to 2008, where he served as the Company’s first Group Vice President for Life Science. Prior to Olympus, from 2000 to 2004, Dr. Tang was President, Chief Executive Officer and a Director of Millennium Cell Inc., a NJ-based energy technology firm. Before his work at Millennium Cell, Dr. Tang served as Vice President and Managing Director of the global pharmaceutical and healthcare practice of A.T. Kearney Inc. from 1996 to 2000.
Dr. Tang received his B.S. in Chemistry from the College of William and Mary and his M.S. and PH.D. in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University. He also earned a M.B.A. from The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Stephen Tang, President, CEO & Director, University City Science Center suggests the following for additional study:
- Commercialization of University Research Request for Information  (PDF)
- QED Program  (PDF)
- Quorum Overview  (PDF)
- Science Center Port Incubator  (PDF)
- University City Science Center 
- The University City Science Center: An Engine of Economic Growth for Greater Philadelphia EXECUTIVE SUMMARY  (PDF)
- The University City Science Center: An Engine of Economic Growth for Greater Philadelphia  COMPLETE REPORT
- Accelerating Technology Transfer in Greater Philadelphia  (PDF)
- The Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Cluster 2009: An Economic and Comparative Assessment  (PDF)
- The Power of Place 2.0: The Power of Innovation  (PDF)