- Can we
pay honoraria to our invited speakers?
Yes. Using appropriated funds to pay honoraria is authorized as a necessary expense for invited guest speakers.
much can we provide to our invited speakers as an honorarium?
There is no set amount that is authorized, but the general rule is that the amount must be reasonable.
- Can we
pay an honorarium to every attendee of the conference?
No. Honoraria are only authorized to the extent they are necessary expenses for invited guest speakers. A conference where everybody participates by definition has no featured speakers. To the extent that a few attendees are asked to speak for a substantial period of time or to serve together on a panel on a particular topic, those few attendees could be offered an honorarium if it is determined that the honorarium is necessary for the accomplishment of the conference.
- The Commerce Blog
- Economic Indicators
- Office of the Secretary
- Office of Business Liaison
- Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Native American Affairs
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Secretary for Administration
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Office of the Executive Secretariat
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Policy and Strategic Planning
- Office of Public Affairs
- About Commerce
- Commerce Leadership
- Careers & Internships
- Commerce Services & Offices Near You
- Grants, Contracting & Trade Opportunities
- Contact Us