This checklist highlights the most common legal issues that arise when planning a conference:
- Do we have legal authority to
host a conference?
- How do we pay for a conference?
- Can we partner with
another entity to host a conference?
- Can we charge fees?
- Can we receive funds from sponsors to cover
the costs of the conference?
- Can we provide food or refreshments?
- Can we pay travel costs for speakers or attendees?
- Can we pay honoraria?
- What are the rules for the use of seals, logos or emblems?
- Can we purchase trinkets or other giveaways?
- Is information generated by a conference
- What are the issues with seeking consensus advice from
- What are the rules for conducting surveys or gathering information from conference attendees?