For Reference or Research Assistance
(202) 482-1154 or lawlibrary[at]doc[dot]gov
Hours of Operation for Commerce Employees
Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00, with special accomodations available for employees who need to stay later.
Hours of Operation for the General Public
By appointment only.
The mission of the Commerce Research Library is to promote resources and services that support the work of Commerce employees in the subject areas of business, economics, and trade, as well as legal and legislative information. Comprised of both print and electronic resources, the collection includes scholarly journals and current periodicals, legislative histories, government documents, and more. As a selective Federal Depository, the Commerce Research Library is open to the general public by appointment.
The Library is located in the northwest corner of HCHB on the first floor. It is accessible via the 6th corridor elevators or the elevators on the corner of the 7th and 8th corridors.
- Reference and research assistance for all Commerce employees.
- Training for individuals or offices on specific resources or subject areas.
- Interlibrary loan services or assistance purchasing relevant materials if they are not already located within the collection.
- Wireless Internet access.
- Computer terminals available for Commerce employees.
- Study carrels and tables for individuals or small groups to work at, as well as projectors, monitors, and laptops for presentations.
- Lounge areas for reading or browsing current periodicals.