FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 17, 2012
CONTACT OFFICE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
50th Anniversary Celebration Hosted at White House
Commerce Secretary John Bryson and Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade Michelle O’Neill were joined by Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett to honor 41 U.S. companies and organizations, many of which are small- and medium-sized enterprises, during World Trade Month at the President’s “E” Awards ceremony at the White House today. This year marks the 50th annual “E” Awards, which recognizes the significant contributions that companies and organizations have made to increasing American exports. This is the largest group of honorees to receive this distinguished award in the past twenty years.
“It is a great moment to be an American exporter,” said Bryson. “Today, people around the world want Made in America products more than ever before. At the Commerce Department and across this administration, we are doing everything we can to help U.S. businesses build things here and sell them everywhere. We are doing this through trade missions and advocacy, through financing from the Export-Import Bank—which Congress has just reauthorized—and through our world-class foreign and domestic commercial service in over 75 countries. Today's ceremony serves as yet another reminder that we have the best workers and the best businesses in the world, and we will continue to do everything possible to ensure that they have a fair shot in the global economy.”
Winners of the 2012 “E” award represent diverse communities across the country from places like Bakersfield, Calif., Baton Rouge, La., Bolingbrook, Ill., and Bradford, Pa. Of the honorees recognized at today’s ceremony, 35 are small- or medium-sized enterprises, 20 are manufacturers, and 17 are both.
The President’s “E” Award was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. There are four categories of the President’s “E” Awards. This year, 23 companies were honored with the “E” Award for Exports for demonstrating a sustained increase in export sales over several years; 10 received the “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognize previous “E” Award winners who have since shown three years of additional export growth; four were honored with the “E” Award for Export Service that assist and facilitate export activities; and four were honored with the “E” Star Award for Export Service that recognizes previous “E” Award winners that have shown three years of continued support of exporters since first winning the “E” Award.
“E” Award recipients contribute to the President’s National Export Initiative (NEI) goal of doubling U.S. exports in order to support American jobs. Since the implementation of the NEI in 2010, the Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration (ITA), which seeks to improve the global business environment and help U.S. firms to compete and win both at home and abroad, has assisted more than 9,200 U.S. companies record an export success, supporting more than $100 billion in U.S. exports. ITA also manages this award program, which has recognized more than 2,500 firms since its inception.
Companies receiving the “E” Award are:
- ACX Pacific Northwest, Inc., Bakersfield, Calif.
- Ambient Technologies, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- American Trading International, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Axistrade, Houston, Texas
- Bio-Microbics, Inc., Shawnee, Kan.
- Bionix Development Corp., Toledo, Ohio
- BOSCOGEN, Inc., Irvine, Calif.
- Commercial Lynks, Alexandria, Va.
- DeFeet International Inc., Hildebran, N.C.
- Diesel Specialist, LLC, Baton Rouge, La.
- Energy Control Systems International, Ft. Worth, Texas
- Flow Polymers, LLC, Cleveland, Ohio
- Gold Eagle Co., Chicago, Ill.
- Gulf South, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Jet, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio
- McWong Environmental and Energy Group, Sacramento, Calif.
- Midwest Industrial Sales, Inc., Gardner, Ill.
- My US.com, Sarasota, Fla.
- New Waste Concepts, Inc., Perrysburg, Ohio
- NuStep, Inc., Ann Arbor, Mich.
- OSIsoft, LLC, San Leandro, Calif.
- Pelican Products, Inc., Torrance, Calif.
- Viking Spas, Inc., Wyoming, Mich.
Companies receiving the “E” Award for Export Service are:
- International Logistics, Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Kallman Worldwide, Inc., Waldwick, N.J.
- LR International, Inc., Franklin, Ill.
- National Customs Brokers & Fowarders Assn., Washington, District of Columbia
Companies receiving the “E” Star Award for Export Service are:
- International Projects, Inc., Holland, Ohio
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Mallory Alexander International Logistics, LLC, Memphis, Tenn.
- Melton Truck Lines, Inc., Tulsa, Okla.
Companies receiving the “E” Star Award for Exports are:
- DSC Dredge, LLC, Reserve, La.
- Falcon Waterfree Technologies, LLC, Los Angeles, Calif.
- French Oil Mill Machinery Co., Piqua, Ohio
- Kingsbury, Inc., Philadelphia, Pa.
- MacNeil Automotive Products Ltd., Bolingbrook, Ill.
- Oxford Alloys, Inc., Baton Rouge, La.
- Rust-Oleum Corporation, Vernon Hills, Ill.
- TAS Energy, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Vitamec USA, Inc., Van Nuys, Calif.
- Zippo Manufacturing Co., Bradford, Pa.
For more information about the “E” Awards and the 2012 recipients, visit www.export.gov.