As we look forward to the new year, we wanted to take a moment to reflect back on Commerce’s most popular blog posts from last year. Take a look at our list of the 13 blog posts that received the most unique views in 2013:
1. United States Department of Commerce Plan for Orderly Shutdown Due to Lapse of Congressional Appropriations: Post the first day of the federal government shutdown, which listed the services and activities the department would maintain during the lapse in FY14 appropriations.
2. Penny Pritzker Sworn in as 38th U.S. Secretary of Commerce: Post on the swearing in of U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, including a video of Vice President Joe Biden swearing her in and the secretary’s speech at the ceremony.
3. USPTO Honors Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees: Post on 17 of America’s greatest innovators, who the USPTO inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame during a ceremony at their headquarters.
4. Secretary Pritzker Outlines Bold Policy Agenda Focused on U.S. Trade and Investment, Innovation, and Data: Post on Secretary Pritzker’s unveiling of the Commerce Department’s “Open for Business Agenda,” including a video of the secretary’s remarks at the agenda unveiling.
5. Doing Business in Africa Forum Presents Opportunities for American Businesses in Sub-Saharan Region: Guest post from Under Secretary for International Trade Francisco Sánchez and MBDA National Director David Hinson on a Doing Business in Africa Forum at the White House.
6. NOAA Provides Easy Access to Historical Hurricane Tracks: Post on NOAA’s Historical Hurricane Tracks website, which provides more than 150 years of Atlantic hurricane tracking data and global hurricane data from as far back as 1842, among other data.