Increasing the competitiveness and the capacity of the United States to innovate goes beyond improving research, education, infrastructure, and the manufacturing sector. Many other factors can also lead to success, but perhaps chief among them is ensuring that both established firms and entrepreneurs in the private sector have the best possible environment in which to innovate.
This part of the report explores the following areas that help provide a good environment for private sector innovation:
- Support regional clusters
- Accelerate high‐growth entrepreneurship through Startup America’s public and private‐sector initiatives
- Promote exports and access to foreign markets
- Restructure corporate taxes
- Provide an effective intellectual property system
Watch the video below for more, or explore the materials related to these topics on the right.