Theodore Johnston is the Director of the Office of White House Liaison at the United States Department of Commerce. Previously, Theodore also served for two years as Chief of Staff at the International Trade Administration where he contributed to the development of the National Export Initiative and to the creation of programs designed to help American companies identify opportunities for growth in key emerging markets and sectors.
In 2007 and 2008, prior to entering the Administration, he was Obama for America’s Florida Finance Director.
Originally from Bloomington, Indiana, Theodore holds a bachelor’s degree in English and French literature from Emory University and masters’ degrees in the humanities and public policy from, respectively, the University of Chicago and Indiana University. He is fluent in written and spoken French and highly conversant in Spanish.
- The Commerce Blog
- Economic Indicators
- Office of the Secretary
- Office of Business Liaison
- Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Native American Affairs
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Secretary for Administration
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Office of the Executive Secretariat
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Policy and Strategic Planning
- Office of Public Affairs
- About Commerce
- Contact Us